"The Award" Chocolate Chocolate Cookies

I issued a challenge to my family: whomever could make me laugh the hardest would win an award. My older brother and the cyclist tied (actually, they were the only ones to participate). Now that they realize that my awards come freshly baked, maybe they'll take my challenges more seriously. Maybe not.

8 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until almost melted; do not overheat. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; beat in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets (a silpat works great for these). Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheets 10 minutes; transfer to racks to cool completely

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan,

I am eating some Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies and they sure dont taste like snickerdoodles. So I think Betty Crocker needs to get crackin' on the cookies.

-Clay(the good looking one)

Megan said...

Clay,
I will make you cookies, but I what's in it for me? Interesting trades will be considered.
-Megan (the smart one)

Brit H. said...

Oh! I have made these cookies before. Yum! The problem is, I think that I ate the whole batch myself! The husband is not so big on desserts...

Leo and Jill said...

Megan,
I am still wanting a cookbook. Put me on your list