Mint Chip Chocolate Cookies

I love shortcut baking. Especially around the holidays. This simple cookie recipe starts with a chocolate cake mix (I say the darker, the better). I don't know if the baking chips are seasonal, but if you find some, stock up. They are delicious and festive in cookies, would make a great brownie topper, my girls even stirred some into their hot cocoa when they got home from sledding in the blizzard.

Chocolate Cookies with Mint Crunch Chips
1 chocolate cake mix
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 c oil
2 eggs
1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips (if you can't find them, any minty chips would work)

Preheat oven to 375.
Mix together cake mix, sugar, oil and eggs. Stir in chips. Drop dough balls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.

9 comments:

Joanne said...

i think I am just going to have to suck it up and buy these chips online because my grocery store has no such thing! It also doesn't have peanut butter chips, so I don't know what's up with THAT. These sound delicious!

Summer also knows as the krazy cake lady said...

These look divine like a must try! Thanks for being so sweet today!

Zoe said...

The minty chips are very cute and contrast well from the dark chocolaty colour of these cookies. Very nice!

Katie said...

They look great and very festive with the chips. Wish we could get some like that in the UK

Anonymous said...

What would Christmas be without Andes mints? Great addition!

Unknown said...

I bought some Andes mints just for these cookies! Can't wait to bake them!

Courtney said...

These are saving my life! I have to make cookies for 35 Relief Society baskets and I am trying to have some variety. These have by far been the easiest.

Cookie Sleuth said...

I will have to look for the Andes baking chips! I've been using Nestle's dark chocolate and mint chip seasonal chips. They are too good not to be available all year!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron