Double Chocolate Bundt Cake


My oldest daughter turns 11 today. She had some friends over for a little get together this weekend.

Who knew that 7 eleven year olds made more noise than the monkey house at the zoo?

Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
from bunny
1 chocolate cake mix
1 small pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup water
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, sour cream and oil in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 15 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Set on serving plate and glaze.

Chocolate Glaze
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 T butter
2 T corn syrup
1-2 tsp hot water

Melt chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup in saucepan over low heat. Cool about 10 minutes. Stir in hot water, 1 tsp at a time, until consistency of thick syrup. Pour over cooled double chocolate cake.

12 comments:

Joanne said...

My little sister is 13 and though I wasn't home for her 11-year-old get togethers, my brother was and I remember the stories. Oh, the stories :P This double chocolate bundt looks luscious with that glaze!

Baking Addict said...

Looks amazing! Happy birthday to your daughter :)

A Bowl Of Mush said...

Wow this look absolutely gorgeous!
What a beautiful birthday cake :)

James and Summer said...

mmmmmmm that looks delicious! I found you through 'little birdie secrets' and would LOVE a copy of your 'Peacocks on the Porch' cookbook if you have any left. Email jamesnsummer@hotmail.com. Thanks!!!

Amanda said...

Stopped by from foodgawker... your blog is lovely! And that cake is AWESOME! The pictures make me drool!

Blessings-
Amanda

Lisa Marie Trent said...

I've used those candles (and when I say "those" candles, I mean the very same ones,) 3 years in a row. If they blow out the candles fast enough- they last forever!

I have a very important question: I have been assigned a "fruit side" for Thanksgiving. Any suggestions??

Megan said...

Lisa Marie,
Are those candles not the cutest candles?!?!

So, Thanksgiving appetizers are really my specialty. That's what I am alway assigned. I have a delicious cranberry salsa recipe, also a delightful cranberry sorbet. My sister made the greatest pear-gorgonzola-candied pecan baguettes last night.

I'm looking for a fruit side dish for you. Do you have the Junior League of SL cookbook "Always in Season"? There is a "Sweet Potato and Apple Scallop" recipe that sounds tasty. I can email you the recipe if you want. Good luck!

Beth said...

What a beautiful cake. Happy birthday to her!

LittleHouseofVeggies said...

The bundt cake looks PERFECT! Love the picture too!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cake. I'm dying to have some!

Susanne said...

I am so not a good baker so dread doing the birthday cake thing and usually buy one. I made this on the weekend for my daughter's 16th and everyone, including the birthday girl, loved it. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

claire said...

I just happened along your blog and saw this cake... I AM MAKING IT TONIGHT! It looks amazing!