Sinful Peanut Butter Brownies

Come November, the cyclist and I are boarding a plane and heading to a lush tropical island somewhere.

I have only three months to get this body bikini ready!!!

That means high protein cottage cheese pancakes for breakfast. Egg white omelets for lunch. Chicken and veggies for dinner.

But with a diet that healthy, there has to be room for some dessert, right? I'm not talking about angel food cake, or sorbet, or fresh fruit. I'm thinking something decadent...something that I can really sink my teeth into...something that will stick to my ribs....


Good-bye, bikini.

Hello, MuuMuu.


In all seriousness, these brownies are sooo good. Cut them small (1 inch x 1 inch is perfect...if you still want more, eat another square). They are moist, rich, fudgy. The saltiness from the nuts and pb cups put them right over the top.

Brownies:
1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup peanut butter chips 


Combine melted butter and cocoa, add sugar then eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bake in greased 9X13 pan @ 350 for 30 minutes.


Frosting:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 Tablespoon water
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 1/4 -3 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Beat butter, whipping cream, water, cream cheese and vanilla in a bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in cocoa and powdered sugar until smooth. 



Here's the kicker:
3/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
30(ish) small Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, quartered

Sprinkle over frosted brownies.

A word of warning: only make these when you can take them somewhere. Unless you are the type that can walk past a half eaten pan of brownies all through the day and not feel the need to nibble each time you go by. I am not that type.

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh please! If you get any smaller you will blow away! But those brownies do look delish, I am not one who can resist a pan of brownies sitting around so I better not make them!

Heather said...

I'm excited for you, that you get to go on a fun vacay. I get to watch your girls right?! I love them, and so does Gracie. As for that dessert, yum! You look bikini ready to me... so enjoy those desserts baby! ;)

Jacqui said...

Hello Muumuu! I love it. That is hilarious!

BTW, Jeff said he's been to the hotel you're staying at on your lush island (jealous!) and he said it's the nicest he's ever seen. EVER. And we've stayed at several Ritz Carltons and such for business stuff, so that's saying sumthin'.

Lucky.

Have so much fun. And you are SO bikini ready right now, so indulge away!

Unknown said...

I recommend using the new Dove Chocolate Promises with Peanut Butter instead. It's a superior alternative to everyday chocolate and peanut butter.
-Jenn, Dove Team

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

My plan is working peeeerfectly. Keep them coming Megan, and keep eating them.

I have to admit I will be removing your blog from my reader list for the next three months. It's either that or pretending I'm not with you and Bunny while in Hawaii.

It's for the best... really.

Emily said...

I love your comment "here's the kicker!"! That is what I think every time I bake and add 1-2 cubes butter to a recipe.

laura said...

hey megan...thanks for the comment, and you are welcome to our ocean home anytime. i must admit, i have been stalking your blog for some time now. i love your recipes, and have tried quite a few!

you have an adorable family...i love when you photograph them!

hope all is well...xoxo

Tayler Jae said...

I'm speechless at the thought of those brownies...I'm having a hard time maintaining composure!! Yum! :)

Lisa Marie Trent said...

are you kidding me with these. I'm thinking of getting dressed and driving to the store to get the ingredients so I can come home, mix them all up, bake them, wait the 10 minutes to let them set, then eat them for a midnight snack.

Seriously.