Baked Peanut Butter Cookies


I have made several things from my "Baked" cookbook. So far, nothing has disappointed. These cookies are divine. The perfect peanut butter cookie. Rich, moist, and with big chunks of chocolate throughout. Don't you just love the PB and chocolate combination?

The dough must chill for a few hours, so plan ahead!

Peanut Butter Cookies
adapted slightly from Baked
1 3/4 c flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar plus more for sprinkling
1 c firmly packed dark (yes dark) brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I'm a Skippy fan)
1 bag milk chocolate chips (I like Guittard--they are larger than the regular chocolate chip)

Sift the flour, soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Scrape down the bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. The mixture will look light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and peanut butter and beat until just incorporated.

Add half of the flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.

Using a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate. Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate for at least three hours (I was anxious and got away with two hours).

Preheat oven to 375. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray well with cooking spray.

Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared pans, at least 2 inches apart. (I used a large cookie scoop and ended up with 27 cookies). With the palm of your hand, very gently press each cookie down ever so slightly; you don't want them flat.
Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sugar and bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until the tops of the cookies just begin to brown.

Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer the individual cookies to wire rack to cool.
Eat a few while they are still warm.

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

Did you make these for the swim team party? There were some that look similar and were y.u.m.m.y.

Megan said...

Yep. Hope you liked them.

Summer also knows as the krazy cake lady said...

K im totally obsessed with your foodie blog. Amazing, I love the pics. i love to cook and have an inferior food blog but it sure is fun. And of course is no competition. I love reading and trying all the fun recipies.

Michelle said...

These are SO good....my husband thanks you... :) Thanks for the delicious recipe!! I really enjoy your blog.

laura said...

I'm making these today. They look delicious and I can't hold out any longer. Thanks for the recipe...

Season said...

I made these a little while ago and they are amazing! My husband said they may be the best cookie he's ever had. And he doesn't exaggerate. Now I'm looking for another cookie recipe to feed the missionaries tonight. Thanks for all the great recipes.

Jacqui said...

So Megan, I made these last weekend and I think they should be re-named The Two-Pound Cookie. THey are soooo good you can't help but eat several and then a couple more. The morning after I overindulged, I was up two pounds! Dang.

But they really are that good. I haven't had a better pb cookie.