Mint Chocolate Brownies


Are you in the mood to indulge? Looking for something truly decadent? Maybe you've been thinking, "Hey, I have an entire pound of butter here, what can I make that would utilize all four sticks?"
Well, here you go. And you're welcome!
Boy, these are tasty! They're so rich, I cut them into little one inch by one inch squares (but it was hard to stop eating after just one little square).

Oh well, I worked hard this weekend, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it.

Layered Mint Chocolate Brownies
From the "Worldwide Ward Cookbook"


Brownie:
1 cup butter, melted
2/3 cups cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour

Mix butter, cocoa, and sugar; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Stir in flour. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.

Mint Frosting
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 pound powdered sugar
1-3 T milk
1/2 t mint extract
green food coloring

Mix butter and powdered sugar. Add only enough milk to make a smooth consistency (I used all three tablespoons). Add mint extract and enough food coloring to make a light green color. Frosting will be very thick. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until firm.

Chocolate Topping
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter (it will melt better if you cut it into small pieces)

Combine chips and butter in microwave safe bowl. Melt on high, in one minute increments, stirring after every minute. (Don't microwave for too long, it's best to take it out when there are still lumps, and then stir for a minute to get it all melted and combined.) Pour over frosted brownies, covering mint frosting completely. Refrigerate until topping is set and hardened. Let brownies sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.

3 comments:

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Those look so yummy!
How do you take such good pictures of your food? I need help with mine. Im sure you have a serious good camera, but I think ours is a pretty decent one (Canon). Any tips on getting a nice white background like the most recent one or what a good setting is for food pictures? Mine always just turn out very average looking. Do you use any photoshopping? Sorry such a long comment. Any tips would be great! Just email me if you have any to
dave1morgan@yahoo.com
Thanks Meg!

Heather said...

Hey... I worked hard this weekend too! I hope you saved one for me :) If not... well.... there's always Sunday brunch. I still think about those chocolate waffles. Love ya!

Jacqui said...

Your intro about the butter was way too funny. Only some crazy Wasatchback runner could get away with the utilization of four sticks...

But chocolate and mint? My absolute fave combination!!