...man shall not live by bread alone...


...but if you had to live on bread/muffins alone, you could happily live on these.

Stuck on a deserted island? Take these muffins (and a raft).

If I weren't already HAPPILY married, I'd marry these muffins.

If these muffins were one of my kids, I could EASILY pick a favorite.

On death row and requesting your last meal? I hate to sound repetitive, but ask for THESE muffins.

If you haven't got the picture yet, these are quite possibly the best conference muffins I have ever made.

Mini Butter Puffs
loosely based on a recipe from Joy of Cooking
Makes 2 dozen standard size muffins, or 4-5 dozen mini muffins (I like the mini...you can eat them like popcorn.)

Muffins

4 cups flour
2 T baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
4 large eggs
2 cup sour cream
1 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) warm melted butter

Coating
1-2 sticks butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon


Muffins
Preheat oven to 375. Coat muffin cups with baking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, sugar and butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over-mix. The batter should not be smooth. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted into one or two muffins comes out clean (about 10 minutes for mini muffins, 12 minutes for standard size muffins.)

Coating

Melt butter in a small bowl. Combine sugar and cinnamon in shallow bowl. While muffins are still quite warm, remove from muffin pan. Dip the entire muffin (one at a time) in melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar. Set on a wire rack to cool.

4 comments:

Heather said...

These were pretty much amazing... and now that I have seen the ingredients, I know why!

If I had to choose a food to make me fat (or give me an even healthier butt) these would be it!!! They were delicious. Good work.

Jacqui said...

Okay, you know what I thought when I saw your title? The bread pan with the lingerie inside and a certain Sister's reaction...about twelve years ago. That story is dang hilarious. I've retold it several times.

But, these sound utterly sinful. I may have to make them when I get an oven that works!

Heidi said...

mmmm...these look good!
I was planning on making a breakfast for supper this week. I'm going to add these to the menu :)

Lisa Marie Trent said...

oh my gosh. These muffins are everything they are cracked up to be. I made them for a Halloween Party yesterday (in addition to the sesame bake, which was ALSO a hit...) and while I was making the muffins I was verbally expressing my utter excitement for eating them. All crusty and buttery and sugary and super moist in the middle---- SO good.