Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed Salmon with Cowboy Potatoes

We tried a new salmon recipe tonight. It was delicious. The glaze is perfectly sweet and tangy. We've been making the potatoes forever and have added more and more veggies over the years.

Salmon
(Adapted slightly from Rachael Ray as the cyclist doesn't particularly like to read recipes. While I took number 3 to our neighbor/bishop/pediatrician for a quick ear infection diagnosis, Seth worked on dinner. I'll tell you how he made it because it was delicious.)
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 T Dijon mustard
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper
four (7 oz) salmon fillets

Preheat oven to 400. In small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, mustard, lemon juice and 1/2 t pepper.
Heat large, ovenproof skillet over high heat. Pour in about 1/3 of the sauce and place fish skin side up in the skillet. Cook until a crisp brown crust forms, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, flip salmon and coat with remaining mustard mixture. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake until the glaze caramelizes and fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes.


Cowboy Potatoes
Potatoes, quartered (sometimes we do red, sometimes russet)
Red onion, coarsely chopped
Baby Carrots
Whole mushrooms
olive oil
1 packet Lipton onion soup mix (dry)

Combine all veggies in large bowl. Coat with a couple tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with soup mix and stir to coat. Spread evenly onto large rimmed baking sheet. Cook at 450, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender on the inside and crisp on the outside, about 1 hour.

5 comments:

Leo and Jill said...

Is this the recipe that they had at the RS Birthday dinner? Also, can you use the glaze for chicken?

Megan said...

Jill,
I was out of town for the birthday dinner, but I will ask A M what was served. I think this glaze would work on chicken.

Brit H. said...

Oh my! I tried this recipe tonight. The potatoes as well. YUM! Thanks for the recipe!

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Megan,
I just bought some fresh Salmon this week and havent decided on what to do with it yet, so Im glad I stopped by the blog. :) Thanks for the recipe.

ga1945 said...

This is my first time here and your recipes are FANTASTIC. As soon as I get my youngest son graduated from Law School next month- I am trying every one of them!!
I wonder how many neighbor/bishop/pediatricians there can be. I know of a wonderful one in Fresno, CA.
Thank you for a special place.
Gerrie in Fresno, CA