Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes with Cranberries and Cream


We're still in a Thanksgiving mood around here.

Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
adapted from The Pancake Handbook

1 1/4 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t ground allspice
1/4 t ground ginger
3/4 c canned pumpkin puree
1 cup milk
2 eggs, separated
3 T dark brown sugar (yes, I used dark brown, but I'm sure light brown would be tasty)
2 T butter, melted
1/4 t salt

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, egg yolks, brown sugar, butter and salt. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once, stirring just to blend. The batter should be slightly lumpy. Place the egg whites in a separate bowl. With an electric mixer, beat until the whites are stiff but not dry. Gently fold the whites into the batter, just until combined. Heat griddle to 300. Spray with cooking spray. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, flipping just once. Serve hot with Cranberries and Cream.


Cranberries and Cream

1 (16 oz) can whole-berry cranberry sauce, or 2 cups homemade cranberry sauce (I used canned)
1 cup sour cream

Combine and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.

We also served these with Lindsey's Cinnamon Syrup. It is delicious on anything. Seriously, what wouldn't be improved by adding a stick of butter and some cinnamon?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Just so you know, you make me feel like a lousy wife. But your recipes look fabulous. I've never tried any, but one day maybe I'll be brave enough. my skills aren't found in the kitchen. :)
I'm definitely trying the breadstick one though, just so Mike has to make me the contraption. :)